Yosemite National Park

I woke up this morning at 5:40. I slept all night and I only remember waking up briefly for a drink of water. We slept with the windows open and my throat was dry.

I got up and worked on my journal adding details about our last two days. It always surprises me how much time it can take to add all the memorable details to a journal.

We went down for breakfast a little after 8:00 this morning. Our hostess had prepared a vegetarian quiche, sausages, and fruit for breakfast. It was all delicious.

We left the B&B around 9:30 and headed back to Yosemite NP. We parked in the main parking lot and walked to find a bus, we just saw a bus leave the stop. The time table posted at the bus stop indicated that the next bus wouldn’t be for 30 minutes. We decided to walk to the Vernal Fall trail head. At one point we go a little disoriented and came up on a bridge. This was the view from the bridge.

Shari found a park employee and confirmed we were headed in the right direction. We continued walking for another 30 minutes through part of the park we would not have normally visited. It was interesting.

The Vernal Falls hike was steep in the beginning and I had to stop several times to catch my breath. We made it to the bridge which had a majestic view. At the bridge we decided to walk the rest of the trail up to the falls. Another 3/4 of a mile of steep trail and rock steps as we reached closer to the falls.

After the hike we took a shuttle bus back to the Village and then another to the hotel where we ate lunch in the bar. I had a three bar-b-que pork sliders plate. Each slider was a different style of bar-b-que. I thought the Korean one tasted the best. It also came with chips that included sweet potatoes and blue potatoes. It was a colorful plate.

After lunch we walked around the hotel and bought some souvenirs. Then we went back to the car and drove up to Taft Point and hiked the 1.1 miles to the end of the overlook where we watched the sunset. Looking down from taft point you could see cars at Yosemite Park below.

Since the sun was setting, we couldn’t stay long at Taft Point. We walked quickly back to the car and drove back to the B&B. Once back at the B&B I squeezed my car into an available parking space, and we went next door and had pizza and beer for dinner. We sat outside and ate. It was considerably warmer down here than it had been at Taft Point.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *